Established in 1973, Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust® (SAST) is bonded with commitment to excellence, under the stewardship of His Holiness Jagadguru Padmabhushana Dr. Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Maha Swamiji. Mahaswamiji believed imparting three components of education – intellectual, spiritual & physical needs of students. With this vision, the trust has started 500+ educational units across the country, benefiting more than 1,00,000 students every year mainly in the field of Medical, Nursing, Engineering, Management, General Education, Education, Pharmacy, Ayurvedic, etc.
The trust is managed by a board of trustees and the chairman of the trust is the present Chief Pontiff Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Maha Swamiji.
Initially the Trust was formed with the aim and objectives as follows:
- To advance the cause of Education and diffusion of Knowledge without distinction of caste & creeds.
- To Start and run Nursery and primary schools.
- To further advance the cause of education by establishing a rural college for the benefit of the students of the surrounding areas.
- To provide free boarding and lodging for the needy students in the hostel.
- To establish maintain and manage hostels library reading room, gymnasium and playgrounds for the benefit of the students studying in the above Institutions.
- To give loans scholarships and other monetary benefits to the needy students studying in the higher classes.
- To provide medical and health facilities to the people of the area by starting hospitals and dispensaries.